Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a [Wobbly] Crawler

This has been an eventful few days after Christmas for us. On Friday afternoon, Brady all of a sudden mastered the art of going from his "ready-set-go" crawling position to sitting back up. On Saturday that is all that he would do. He wouldn't even attempt to move forward or backward or anything... he'd just go from sitting up, onto his knees, and then right back to sitting up. 

On Friday night, I didn't feel like getting Brady's bathtub out of the cabinet and struggle to attempt and keep him in a 'face forward' position, so we had our first Big Boy Bath. I was a bad mommy though and decided it would be fun to put bubbles in the bath. Too bad he tried to eat them the whole time until we got done. Jeff was worried he might even get sick... but we were lucky and that didn't happen. But he definitely liked being able to turn around in a 360 and get his toys on all sides. 

Then on Saturday afternoon, Jeff and I were playing with him and he looked like he was so ready to crawl but he would just face plant. We were thinking that any second it would just happen for him, but he never did it. Try, try and try again... but no results... not that day.

Finally, this morning during our 'Floor Time', I set him on the opposite end of the blanket as me and the toys. He started crawling, although a bit wobbly, he made it. So what did I do? I grabbed my camera... but of course he didn't do it again.... so I grabbed my trusty "Puffs" to entice him over to my side even more - and I was so excited because it worked!! I was able to catch him on camera! He's still not quite sure what to do with himself yet, but he's pretty excited when he gets done and we're clapping and yelling for him! Doesn't it look like he's using his left leg and dragging his right one? I guess, to each his own, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing- way to go Brady!

Katy said...

Too cute!! I love the end of the video he's on his back. It's looks like he's throwing a fit because he can't get to the Puffs!! Yay Brady!!!

Jeff and Steph said...

What fun! Congrats! And I didn't even think to use puffs to get a good picture of him at first. Should've done that!

Stephanie