Friday, December 26, 2008

MULTIPLE BLE8SINGS

                     51F6ziGcL8L._SS500_.jpg




My sister got me this book for Christmas called Multiple Blessings by Jon and Kate Gosselin. It's absolutely wonderful. As exhausted as I was last night (and am tonight), I'm about halfway through the book. I know there is a lot of criticism about their show and whether or not it's good for the children and blah, blah... but I, for one am not a skeptic. I think they are real people and that is what I find so irresistible about it all.

Even moreso, whether or not you think they're "fake" or if you don't agree with them making a reality show about their life, you cannot deny the incredible testimony that God has allowed them to have throughout this whole process. They are reaching millions of people and I don't know if you've noticed, but there are scriptures posted EVERYWHERE inside their house. Yes, Kate may argue with Jon and Jon may argue with Kate... but isn't that what a real marriage looks like? (Maybe not yours, but I wouldn't mind telling you that ours does!) That's what it's all about, isn't it? Going through the peaks and valleys of life together and making it your ultimate goal to glorify God in all you do.... but we are all sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God... even Jon and Kate. 

So with all that said (can you tell I just read some negative reviews on the book when I went to go copy the image for ya?), you might see some quotes up here and there from the book that I couldn't resist. 

On the issue of 'selective reduction' after being told that she had four developed 'follicles' which could theoretically could produce up to seven babies:

"Jon and I believe that every life, whether seconds old after conception or a full forty-week term, robustly healthy or horribly sick, fully developed or severely challenged - every life is designed and ordained from God."

On the issue of 'selective reduction', after being told all of the possibilities (and probabilities) of her six babies not making it healthily or at all... or HER not even making it:

"'We will never do that!'..... Staring into Jon's eyes with determination, I asked him if he would really be able to stand before the Lord one day and admit that we had allowed our precious babies to be killed in order to make our lives easier and more convenient.... Jon, even at the risk of losing me and raising Mady and Cara on his own, unconditionally agreed with me. Who would live and who would die was not a decision that rested in our human hands."

3 comments:

Jen said...

I just discovered this show about a month ago --- and I LOVE IT! I completely agree with you on this one.

The resort we stayed at was http://sheratonloscabos.com/

Ashley Hall said...

Amen Sista! I have to get that book! I love them too and love their testimony that they are sharing with millions! I heard on the radio, when I was in Houston, that Kate was coming to speak there at some Christian women's conference. Maybe she'll come to Dallas too!

Jeff and Steph said...

I've been on a blogging break and am now catching up... :)

I LOVE this show. I was contemplating buying the book but haven't yet. I might just do it now.

I've thought the same for so long...what a great witness they are to the millions that watch and love their show!

Thanks for sharing!
Stephanie