Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This Feeling is More than Enough

Tonight, on my way home from my mom's house, I received an email from the Hubbs with an attachment.

The email was entitled "The Last One"



Then I received one more that was entitled, "I've been waiting 3 years to check this box."



(If you can't read it, it says "Check this box if you are a candidate for graduation this semester!!!!"

I was smiling the whole way home. Jeff started his last exam of his last semester of law school at 6 pm. He's currently still there, and I know he's doing great! In the meantime, I got home and got Brady ready for bed and then I did a few things around the house while he was playing and I remembered I hadn't checked the mail yet.

I received 6 Christmas cards today which made me super excited, but the BEST thing was a letter in the mail box that simply had my name written on the envelope. As I opened it, I knew that it was from my darling man. I don't know if he wrote it before he left this morning or if he came by and dropped it back off when he should have been studying... but neveretheless it warmed my heart more than anything I've ever read. Although I will not share the contents of the letter here, I will say that he most certainly pointed out that we started this journey 1,212 days ago. God has taught us so many lessons in life, love and marriage throughout these past 3 1/2 years, I can't even begin to count them. I really don't know what we're going to do when Jeff's not in school. It's all we've ever known since we've been married.

Although this next, short season, of our life will come upon us quickly, it hit me today that it's over. We're done. We were so incredibly nervous before his first day of school... and yet, here we are. Graduated! We had heard HORROR stories of law students who were married, yet I have to say we didn't really experience any of that. (For the MOST part, of course!) I decided today that although the toughest part is yet to come, this feeling of accomplishment is MORE than enough. Thank you, Lord, for protecting us through these past 3 years and going before us in the next 3. You are a faithful God. Thank you.

Congratulations, Hubby! I can't wait to see you when you get home!! I am so incredibly proud of you!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Congrats to you also! I will never forget the feeling when Jay graduated. You can't even put into words how proud you are, how much you love them, or what all they have just accomplished. Enjoy the time with just Jeff and Brady before Jeff starts work! It is some amazing time...and we will be praying for you all when he takes the BAR.

Katy said...

My new e-mail address is katymlink@gmail.com!!

We are glad we got to celebrate Jeff's graduation will you guys!!!