Saturday, November 15, 2008

BLOG UPDATE PART 2: Treat #1

So in preparation for the holidays, I've decided to try to make a new treat every week (if not more than once a week!) until Christmas! I LOVE the way our house smells when there is something baking in the oven and in our old house, our oven was never calibrated right so I could never bake anything. (I mean, it would melt the Stoffer's Lasagna thing in 30 minutes when I set it to 200 degrees!!) So now I LOVE to bake... especially when it comes to chocolate.

A few weeks ago I made some cake balls which took a LOT longer to make than I ever anticipated and they didn't look pretty when they were done... but they were still yummy. I decided that I was going to keep track of these (good and bad) for our first holiday season with the Bug. We want to make this a family tradition and family event! Maybe next year Brady can help decorate cupcakes?

So the treat I made two weeks ago were S'MORE BROWNIES... It's a Paula Deen recipe, but I kind of made my own variation.

Instead of making the brownie part from scratch, I just used a boxed brownie mix. It still tasted GREAT. The foil in the pan is a trick I've tried before with brownies because I never have good luck with brownies whatsoever... but this time I used the Heavy Duty foil. My mom introduced that to me a few weeks ago and I LOVE it. It is my one indulgence at the grocery store right now. It's soooo much better than the cheaper stuff!! Oh, and I just discovered that they have graham cracker crumbs in the baking aisle. I just made my own, but it would be so much easier to use the pre-made ones. Oh, and I used small marshmallows instead of big ones just because that's what I had on hand!

This one was YUMMY.



No comments: