Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Yucky Trifle



Maybe Yucky is too strong of a word. It wasn't that it was bad... it just wasn't good. I'm glad I didn't have the feeling of, "Let me spit this out of my mouth..." but I just didn't want more.

I made this Trifle for our annual Thanksgiving dinner at the McCord's house. I was so excited because I found this recipe in my Rachel Ray magazine and Jeff doesn't like pumpkin, so I could never make it just for us at our house... but I decided I could make it for this. I am a huge fan of pumpkin pie, or I have been in the past... so I thought for sure I'd like this. I didn't. I'm not quite sure what I didn't like about it... it DID taste like pumpkin pie, but I don't know. Maybe I didn't do something right. I'm not very good at 'folding' things in gently... so I could have killed the cream and that is what was wrong with it...

It still looked pretty. Not as pretty as the picture, but I like to think that's because I don't have a trifle dish... and I am SO glad I didn't go out and buy one just for this. I'm not sure if I'll try my hand at a trifle again!


No comments: