Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How Did You Get There???



I have a feeling that I'm going to be asking this question a lot more in the coming weeks. Yesterday, I left Brady sitting up in his room playing with some toys while I went to the restroom. I heard him all the while talking and grunting at his toys and I didn't hear a long stretch of silence or any new sounds so I completely expected to come back and see him right where I left him, but no. He was all the way across the room. How did he get there?

He rolls, yes. But I have NEVER seen him roll as if he were trying to get somewhere. It's more like rolling over when he wants to get on his tummy or when he wants to get on his back. It's not a means of mobility for him, or at least it hasn't been.

He does not crawl. Last week, Miss Sydney Atkinson was graciously trying to show Brady how to crawl, and it was the first time that he got up on his knees and not only maintained that position, but he rocked! But since that night, whenever I put his knees up underneath him, he face plants. Occasionally he'll stay for a moment or two until he wants something in front of him and then he tries to 'swim' there, as Jerica puts it. He falls flat on his tummy, lifts his legs and his arms and flails them about as if that's going to thrust him forward!

So the ONLY explanation I came up with is that he pushed himself there. He is very good at pushing himself backward, and he can do it fast. I'm not quite sure he knows what he is doing yet, but he's very good at it. I'm very anxious for the crawling FORWARD but I know that when the moment it comes, I will wish for the stationary days again.

1 comment:

Jeff and Steph said...

Sorry for all of the comments. :) I wish B would have scooted, but he never did. It would have been cute to see.