Friday, November 28, 2008

Charlie Brown Has Found His Christmas Tree!



On our way home from Tyler, we stopped at the Canton Christmas Tree Farm. This was SO much fun and I think that we're going to do this every single year from now on! They have blow up slides, a petting zoo and some sort of 'tilt-a-whirl' ride for kids, along with the best Santa ever. We originally went because we wanted to cut down a Christmas tree, but we ended up leaving with so much more!







Brady met Santa for the first time and he did great! When we pulled up, we were originally just trying to get there in time to get the tree because they closed at dark. A lady at the front ran right up to us and told us that Santa was about to go home and if we hurried we could get some pictures with him. We were, of course, the only ones trying to get our pictures taken so they took a lot until we got the perfect ones. Santa was so sweet with Brady. While we were taking the pictures, I got to talking to the ladies that were running the show there and it turns out they graduated from TCA too! What a small world!

We have to recommend this place to everyone because it is a family owned place, of course, but they were also so generous and didn't try to rush us out or anything. They kept offering us free popcorn and drinks because they were trying to get rid of their stuff for the day. (They even told us that we could mail them a check for our tree because we only had our debit card!) They had beautiful fresh wreaths and garlands that I so badly wanted to get, but I decided I better not because I wasn't sure how long they'd last, although the lady there swore to me they last her all season. You just can't make wreaths as beautiful as the fresh ones!





We came home tonight just in time to feed Brady some dinner and put him down to go to bed. After he was asleep, Jeff took on the daunting task of putting our lights on the tree. It's 11:00 and they're all done. I'm just now debating whether or not to start the decorating tonight, or put it off until the morning!! I'm so glad it's finally here!





2 comments:

Ashley Hall said...

I love it! Beautiful house decor and tree!! I cant really tell what those red lights are on your mantel. What are they? They look so great! So fun having a first Christmas with the little ones!

Ashley Hall said...

I love it! Beautiful house decor and tree!! I cant really tell what those red lights are on your mantel. What are they? They look so great! So fun having a first Christmas with the little ones!