Saturday, November 01, 2008

Sic 'Em.



So we super close to not going to Homecoming this year. We really wanted to go, but it's been a very busy week for us and I was kind of anxious as to how it was all going to work. It was just going to be the first time we would be gone all day with the Little One and with the possibility of no nap. We've gone with no naps before for various reasons (in Sunday School, for one) and we've done pretty well until about noon and then we absolutely crash. So, I thought he might do pretty good at the parade. I LOVE the parade... yes, it might be dorky but I LOVE it. I LOVE to see the floats go by and critique each one... oh, and apparently Kappa's float burnt??? KOT won this year and I DID get to see that one and it was definitely deserving of the win. (If you know me at all, you know that is VERY hard for me to say!)

Anyway, we had a semi-late night last night with Halloween and a super-late night Thursday night with Baby Pierce... so we knew we were going to have a tired little bug on our hands. We left at around 7, (we were supposed to leave at 6:30 - just how it goes with a baby, I guess) and we let Brady sleep until about 8. (I was trying to get a head start on the end of daylight savings). Then we listened to Veggie Tales the rest of the way while I crawled in the back seat to feed him in the car. (I know! I fed him in the car... and it's not the first time!) He does great though in his car seat and holds his own bottle pretty much the whole time. I think it's easier with the way that his sitting. We also did pumpkin and banana in the back seat. He did really good keeping his hands down all by himself without me holding them. Maybe he is learning something?

So we got to the parade with a happy baby. We saw a few people on the way to our 'spot' and we got through the marching band and the cheerleaders before the Bug got fussy. I think part of it too is that he's been held a LOT more than he usually is the past few days so we put him down on the grass for a bit and that made things a little better... for a few minutes. I told Jeff on our way home that Brady has probably only had 2-3 episodes like this, so we must count our blessings and give him this one, but he was inconsolable for about 30 minutes before we decided to go to the car. We tried puffs, walking in the stroller, standing up, sitting down, playing peek-a-boo and patty cake, and the pacifier. Nothing worked. The minute the puffs would stop coming he'd start crying again, and it was a MAD cry. Not just a whine.... so we gave up. We did get to see a few floats, and from what we saw they were good. I am already looking forward to next year and Brady being a year older and being a little more thrilled about the Parade than he was today! :)

After we got in the car, we went by Skinny's to get a Skinny's coke. (If you went to BU, you know what I'm talking about). We then discovered that we had a flat tire. Ok. We tried to get cash back for our cokes... nope. They don't do that there, but there is an atm. Too bad, our debit card's little reader thing doesn't work. So Jeff dropped me off at my sister's house and took the Sleeping Bug and my sad tire to City Tire and Battery on Valley Mills. Alvarez charged Jeff $5 to 'patch' my tire and change it to the spare. Apparently there were 2 nails in my tire!! Luckily I have a full size spare! I don't think this was what Jeff had in mind when we talked about going to Homecoming! What a wonderful hubby he is!!

We hung out at Katie's place for a bit, and didn't even make it Ninfa's or Spice. That's right, folks. Instead of Ninfa's, Spice and Common Grounds, we had Veggie Tales, Puffs and Pacifiers. The life of a parent! The odd thing is that even though the day didn't go as "smooth" as we thought it would, it was the best Homecoming ever because we got to share it with our Future Baylor Bear!







No comments: