Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Eve of Thanksgiving

Today Jeff came home early from work so we could start our Holiday a little earlier than planned! Yay! Brady went down for his 'cat nap' right after Jeff got home so we went outside to get everything ready for our fire for Thanksgiving night. (Little does Jeff know, I'm going to make S'mores!!) He started by making his "kindling". He was so funny gathering his twigs and pieces of wood he found in the alley behind our house.









I also began the preparations for my first Thanksgiving Dinner. I started to get a bit nervous about it today, but I guess it's good that it's just Jeff and Brady and I for my first time to prepare everything for Thanksgiving. I got all of my recipes out of the Rachel Ray magazine, so I am hoping that they turn out a bit better than my Trifle. :) I was searching through the garage for my turkey plates and goblets. (More pictures of that tomorrow... I found them!) The garage was super organized up until last week when Jeff mistakenly gave me the code so I could go in there and rumage around and see what new goodies I could find. I got out all of my Christmas stuff last week from the garage and I decorated my mantel on Sunday... which I very much regret. I am so much of a stickler when it comes to Christmas. "Christmas doesn't come out until the day after Thanksgiving!" I have always harped on Jeff. He always wants to play Christmas music and drink the Christmas coffee and do the Christmas stuff too early and I always tell him we have to wait because it will make it even that much better... but this year I didn't. He told me I would regret it, but I argued back and of course now I must admit, he's right. I still have the Christmas tree and the front porch to do but I always look forward to it ALL coming out on Friday! I'm even tempted to take it down and put it back up on Friday. :)






Anyway, I digress. Tonight I made my pie for desert tomorrow. Chocolate Cream Pie. YUMMMMY. I'll tell you how it tastes tomorrow when we taste it, but these are a few of the pictures of getting it ready and getting it in the oven. All the parts taste good, and I was SUPER proud of the meringue I made. I've never done that before. Hopefully it will all taste good together!!

Happy Early Thanksgiving! We are so looking forward to the day of celebration tomorrow! We ALL have so much to be thankful for this year. More to come.





No comments: